Monday 20 August 2007

Mea Culpa Sed Tu Quoque Ad Maximum

Rhetorical Ploy

May-Yah Kool-Pah Sed Too Kwo-Kway Add Max-Ih-Mum

Idiotically ungrammatical Latin bastardisation, roughly "I may be guilty, but you are considerably more guilty."

Handy, highly conditional argumentative tool used to disguise the fact that your heartfelt apology is merely the same argument you've been making for years, with deeply insincere bells on.

"Had I foreseen a failure of this magnitude, I would have withheld my support. Even then, I would not have been able to bring myself to oppose the war...

...nothing on earth could have induced me to march or otherwise campaign for a course of action that would have saved the Baathist regime. But I would have stood aside."

See also Nobody Could've Predicted, Terrorists Are Bad; I May Have Been Wrong But You, Sir, Are a Cunt; Victory, Norman Geras

5 comments:

Model Baju Kodok Wanita 2015 said...

I think this is among the most significant information for me.And i’m glad reading your article. But want to remark on few general things, The web site style is great, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

Property Investment said...

We help to create the perfect set of webpages for you is quite simple.

Melbourne SEO Services | Airless Spray

Gps Tracker said...

Nice blog..
Pest Control
Anti Rayap
Jetty
Cotton Bud
Kanopi

Atap Fiberglass said...

A very insightful information and it very helpful. In case need some info about tangki fiberglass. Thanks for sharing.

Cara menuntaskan jerawat dengan cepat said...

nice article